Parcelly has more BIG news to share - we have just completed another tech platform integration to make our click&collect solution available to an even wider group of online retailers: our brand new App for the Shopify e-Commerce platform is live!
’After analysing Shopify’s App-Store we realised it lacked a carrier agnostic PUDO service. But now at the touch of a button, you can offer a click&collect solution that lets customers choose where and when they collect and return their parcels, through our growing network of over 1,200 Parcelly locations nationwide.'
– Sebastian Steinhauser, CEO & Founder of Parcelly
This integration means online retailers who are part of the Shopify e-Commerce platform can now seamlessly integrate the Parcelly click&collect app directly into their check-out form, free of charge for an initial trial period.
This app integration can be a very valuable tool for anyone selling goods online, as click&collect offerings have been found to be widely underprovided and often do not meet the level of customer experience expected by today's consumers. A recent report from Temando, The State of Shipping in Commerce 2017 found that 74% of shoppers want click&collect shipping options, whilst only 47% of retailers currently offer them. The study also found that 54% of UK shoppers would abandon their order and buy from an online competitor if the delivery service they seek was not provided.
The Shopify integration with Parcelly means any online retailer can add a convenient click&collect option that meets their busy customer's needs to their check-out form. This can be done whilst maintaining all existing carrier solutions, and ensures retailers remain competitive with those who already offer a greater range of options at check-out. But the benefits of using Parcelly do not stop there:
- We made sure the Parcelly solution is incredibly easy to apply to your site’s check-out form. It will require little more than an in-house developer to follow a few simple guidelines, and if you do not have these resources available our tech team will be happy to assist.
- Integrating our service into your delivery options will not affect your existing check-out process or carrier solution as we are entirely carrier agnostic, meaning you can still use your current courier as usual.
- This is a unique solution and we pride ourselves on innovating in the delivery landscape. This is why the entire Parcelly drop-off and pick-up process is managed by a native iOS and Android app which allows consumers to track and manage their parcel pick-up process on the go, without any additional printed bar-codes or labels.
- Our service is not just for last-mile click&collect, however. Your customers will also have access to our label-free first-mile returns solution and are able to drop-off their returns at a convenient Parcelly location to be collected by your courier.
- Further services that we offer include shipping, fulfilment, consolidation and mini-warehousing. If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact our partnerships team.
- Most importantly, you can benefit from our free trial.
We are very excited to offer our unique pick-up and drop-off app on Shopify, and look forward to working with new online retailers to put consumers in control of their parcels and make failed deliveries a thing of the past. Our latest Thought Leadership piece from guest writer Sean Fleming: ‘The Emotional Comedown of e-Commerce Excitement’ discusses more of the reasons behind cart abandonment by online shoppers - take a look!
For any retailers that are interested in using the Parcelly service feel free to check out our Shopify app HERE, or contact our partnerships team on 0203 813 7868 and ask to speak with Alex.