December brought not only the long awaited Festive Break, but also marks the end of an extremely successful year for Parcelly.
2016 has flown by as we were kept busy with the launch of several new Parcelly services, a re-designed website, countless new app features and multiple partnership milestones, all adding to our success story.
Culminating the year with our CEO, Sebastian Steinhauser being selected as 'Great British Service Industries Entrepreneur of the Year' not only adds to a long list of recent award wins, but also solidifies Parcelly's firm position as an established player in the wider logistics industry - famous for providing you with full control over your parcels.
Our parcel collection network grew exponentially with a 375% increase versus last year. We now have 800+ Parcelly locations in more than 40 cities across the UK as well as a pilot location in Denver, US.
We have summarised a SELECTION OF PARCELLY'S HIGHLIGHTS in 2016 for you below. Simply click on each link to read more... #parcellove
1) WE EXTENDED OUR PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
With customer convenience at the core of our business proposition, we launched our 'Parcelly Agent' model, where Parcelly is paying private individuals to take in parcels for local residents. We also reinvented the way AirBnB hosts and property owners exchange their keys with guests, by launching our new 'Key Exchange service'.
2) WE PARTNERED WITH EXCITING ONLINE RETAILERS AND NATIONAL RETAIL CHAINS
New partnerships with The Costcutter Supermarkets Group, the UK's biggest wholesaler Palmer and Harvey as well as many well established Online retail brands (like PureEros and NoOrdinarySuit) make it even easier and more convenient for you to collect your parcels. Read more about some of our great partners and benefit from special offers.
3) WE KEEP TACKLING LONDON'S AIR QUALITY ISSUES
We're extremely proud of our green credentials: Parcelly is not blind to the environmental impacts of package delivery and we keep innovating to make the most out of redundant storage capacity and help reduce and optimise white van traffic. Thanks to your 5% donations per Booking and together with our long-term partner Atmosfair, we have also offset >25,000 kg of carbon emissions in 2016. #LiveGreen #CleanAir
To discover more about Parcelly's green initiatives please follow the links below:
- Highlights of the Sharing Economy conference in London
- Highlights of the Air Quality Summit 2016 in London
- London Air Quality a major issue – At Parcelly we care and do our bit!
- Parcelly extends collaboration with London councils, bids and authorities
4) WE WON MULTIPLE AWARDS
Parcelly had the most incredible year filled with industry recognition, winning BIG at multiple awards after being shortlisted for no less than a dozen!
For a full list of our 2016 Awards please see below:
- The Publicis Groupe “Publicis90 – Gold Award” 2016
- The eCommerce for Excellence “Best Innovation in eCommerce Delivery/Logistics Award” 2016
- The Retail Systems “Delivery Initiative of the Year” and “Startup Company of the Year" Awards 2016
- The Great British Entrepreneur "Great British Service Industries Entrepreneur of the Year Award" 2016
- The Hermes Retail Week Supply Chain "Disruptor of the Year" and "The Wincanton Delivery Initiative of the Year" Awards 2016 (shortlisted)
- The Digital Entrepreneur "Best Use of Mobile Technology Award" 2016 (shortlisted)
5) WE PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES AROUND THE UK AND EUROPE
Over the past 12 months Parcelly attended various high profile panel discussions, conferences and trade exhibitions (such as the 3PL Summit & Chief Supply Chain Officer Forum Europe, the Costcutter Supermarkets Group Conference & Expo, the NCS, the Pro Retail Show, the Home Delivery World Europe and the London Retail Show), showcasing our bespoke click&collect solution to Europe's largest Online retailers and carriers.
6) WE LAUNCHED A MASSIVE ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN
With large billboard presence at Euston and Blackfriars stations as well as telephone adverts throughout London we spread our #parcellove all across town in the second half of this year. In case you missed it, there is still a bit of time to see them live...
We were also busy directing our own little movie clips - have a look at our YouTube channel and watch our latest production: Santa's Antics - Parcelly Christmas Video 2016
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
Parcelly turned TWO as December 8th marked our second anniversary! We would like to express special thanks to our customers, business partners and Parcelly friends who have supported us throughout our journey and helped us turn our app solution into the growing business it is today. We hope you enjoy another busy Online shopping season with us!
The entire Parcelly team would like to extend heartfelt Season's Greetings and wishes you a fantastic start to the New Year 2017!