This year's THE DELIVERY CONFERENCE, powered by Metapack under the headline 'Leaders & Heroes', presented 'the first post-peak reunion for the industry' to come together and discuss the latest global e-commerce and technology innovations, digest trends and get inspired for a successful year ahead.
Taking place at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in London, the conference attracted more than 1,200 delegates from over 20 countries across the e-commerce, technology and logistics space, providing a great platform for retailers, brands, technology and logistics providers to exchange thought leadership and attend sessions on delivery, customer experience, cross border trade, logistics and supply chain strategy.
The agenda of the day was packed with keynote sessions, panels and seminars across three streams, and the Parcelly team spread out to network, discuss last-mile innovation and of course get the best seats in the house... We have summed up our personal key highlights below:
MOST CAPTIVATING SPEAKER: Nick Wheeler, Founder & Chairman of Charles Tyrwhitt
MOST THOUGHT-PROVOKING CLOSING REMARKS: Dino Rocos, Operations Director at John Lewis
FAVOURITE QUOTES OF THE DAY:
- Dr Achim Dünnwald, CEO of DHL Parcel: "The UK parcels market nears 10bn in annual turnover. We aim to make PUDO locations available to consumers within a 10min reach - which means in European terms: 100K locations."
- Patrick Gallagher, Group CEO of Onthedot: "If I think of same day delivery, I think of ultimate convenience, of what your customers want."
- Olivier Theulle, COO at Fnac Darty: “Having a store network is essential in the omnichannel journey. Our store network means 92% of customers are within one mile from a store, to visit the store or click and collect in store.”
- Santosh Sahu, CEO of Last Mile Link Technologies: "Why is on demand important - because we want it now and we want it on our own terms. Delivery 'now‘ is old, convenience and interactivity are next generation."
- Roger Morris, Head of Royal Mail Parcels: "Tracking and notifications improve shopper confidence. There's a need to maintain a conversation with the customer throughout the delivery process."
- Bassel El Koussa, CEO & Co-Founder of Quiqup: "The on-demand economy in the UK is growing to 10 billion by 2020.”
- Quinten Francken-Bosman, Group Shipping & Procurement Director at Photobox: "At Photobox personalisation is in our DNA. Therefore it is of utmost importance that delivery options are also personalised."
BIGGEST LEARNING OF THE DAY: For retailers, carriers and solutions providers alike, in a rapidly advancing technological world in which constant change is the norm and customers expectations are at an all-time high, collaboration is crucial.
For additional conference insights, check our Twitter feed for snipbits during the day (#TDC18)!
Sebastian Steinhauser, CEO & Founder of Parcelly: 'As every year, the Metapack Delivery conference marks a highlight in the logistics calendar and is a "can't miss opportunity" to network, engage with existing and new partners and to discuss industry trends and the e-commerce and logistics year ahead. And whilst the market keeps already converging towards a 360 end-to-end customer experience that provides convenience and control to online shoppers, we are excited to see how smart and innovative collaborations will further shape the future of online retail, logistics and finally capture the entire supply chain.'
Parcelly had a fantastic time at the event and were proud to be shortlisted for 'Best Customer Experience' in the eCommerce Delivery Partners category. Thank you for hosting us Metapack #TDC18 and we look forward to a successful year 2018!